Saturday, February 24, 2007

Life Remote Control



I'm not really sure what to make of this. They call it "positive brain-washing" but what does that really mean? The idea is interesting, using our adjustment to the fast-paced world as a tool. But it's still a filter, it's still "them" telling "us". It's all in the edit, just as we were talking about in class the last couple of days. Video editing is where the magic happens. If you have enough film, you can tell any story you want, just by the way you cut and paste things together.

I thought I'd get more information at the website, but it's just as vague. It feeds off the young generation's uneducated distrust of the media and corporations.

www.liferemotecontrol.com

What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Transitauthority said...

I think the thought is interesting and I'm curious as to how they think our short attention spans and desire for instant gratification is our greatest tool. Could it be the fact that we're driving everything to higher levels at an accelerated pace? I think this is definitely a structuralist point of view.