Sunday, January 28, 2007

choosing my own adventure

Turns out it's not nearly as exciting as the cover of the book would lead you to believe. The problem with this sort of interactivity is it's just too slow for the majority of consumers. Our culture has moved from reading and radio as chief sources of entertainment to television and video games, where you're being hit with about 30 images per second. Besides all of this, these books just aren't compelling reading, unless you're a preteen with a serious devotion to fantasy. Similar to the point I made in my last post on the dvd game, technology, and concurrently interest, have progressed too far past this realm of entertainment for it to be effective for the general population and not just a small, specialized demographic.

1 comment:

Transitauthority said...

I like your point about how their too slow for this culture of instant gratification. I think you're right. I found mine incredibly less interesting than the cover.